Join us for this wonderful new family event - an opportunity for us to pull out our red, white and blue and celebrate the spirit of community and patriotism...
Grab your friends, family and neighbors and plan on joining us for this unique and inspiring event - a wonderful way to celebrate the spirit of community and recognize those who continue to be of service to our country and to our communities. Held on Lake Bluff's Village Green in the center of town, the event will include plenty of food, specials offered by downtown merchants, and fun activities for all ages!
The day's activities (11 am to 5 pm)...
- *Thrive Project for America* Navy SEAL obstacle course participation for youth from 2nd grade thru high school (**see required registration info below)
- Lake Bluff Park District activities (fitness challenges for kids thru adults, junior obstacle course, crafts and face painting)
- Win a family visit behind the scenes with the Chicago Bears! (Presentation on Bears' history with tour of Halas Hall & the Payton Center)
- Lake Forest American Legion Post 264 & Auxiliary information table on programs, services & military/veteran resources
- Boy Scout, Girl Scout and CROYA participation and activities
- Downtown merchants and eateries featuring discounts and specials ... and more for all ages!
Be SURE to check out the video of kids enjoying the obstacle course at Soldier Field! (Click HERE)
Want to participate in the Thrive "O-Course"? Here are the details...
Youth ages 7-18 can participate in this fun, inspiring and educational experience with former Naval Special Warfare Operators - an empowering opportunity to experience one of the major tools used in military training to improve agility, strength and endurance.
- ONE-ON-ONE ATTENTION - Each participant will be accompanied through the course by a Thrive professional
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED (prior to the event or on-site) - Completed registration forms with parental signature are required (download below)
- Pre-registration - Submit completed forms to stefanie@LFLBchamber.com or fax to 847.234.4297 by noon on Friday, Sept. 9
- Day of the event - Completed forms must be presented at registration table (sorry, no participation without complete forms indicating parental approval)
Please download and complete the following 2 waivers to participate:
More about Thrive Project for America - Founded by local Naval Special Warfare veterans and former instructors, Thrive is a non-profit organization with the mission to educate, develop and empower America's youth to reach their full potential by building character, self-esteem, leadership qualities and forging winning mindsets. Utilizing a combination of research on youth development and emotional intelligence coupled with extensive military training and experience, Thrive leaders have created a one-of-a-kind program specifically designed to help youth develop mental fortitude and habits of success to last a lifetime. Offerings include after-school programs, clinics, seminars and special events. For more information visit www.thriveproject.us.
Check out this video of a "Thrive Challenge" with the Lake Forest Harrier Rugby and Illinois All Star teams...
And be sure to to watch the video of kids enjoying the O-Course at Soldier Field!