POSITION AVAILABLE: Marketing & Communications Manager (part-time position)
Join the team of the LF/LB Chamber, a vibrant community and business association committed to promoting our communities and to helping our members grow their businesses, their network and their impact.
Over 450 businesses of all sizes and types are involved with the Chamber – they participate in events and educational presentations to enhance their skills and perspective for success, benefit from business promotion through publications, media exposure and events, and they are presented with opportunities to establish valuable collaborations and connections. The Chamber also partners with both the City of Lake Forest and Village of Lake Bluff to promote the economic vitality of the municipalities it represents.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a creative and comprehensive marketing plan for the Chamber to support its initiatives, members, mission, and as many as 50 events a year. The ideal candidate will be creative, “think outside the box”, enjoy variety, and thrive in a stimulating environment with lots of people contact as part of an energetic team of four. A strong background in marketing and communications is required and a familiarity with the Lake Forest/Lake Bluff area is a plus. This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week that reports to the Executive Director. Among the position’s responsibilities are the following:
Planning & Strategy
- Establish and execute a multi-faceted marketing/communications strategy with the goal of engaging the business community, communicating with members, promoting their businesses, attracting potential Chamber members, promoting our communities and their assets, and storytelling on behalf of the Chamber.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with local and regional media contacts to generate earned publicity and secure appropriate paid placement of Chamber and business news, calendar entries and promotion.
- Create/submit media releases for events and news for editors and reporters
Writing & Editing
- Prepare content for media submission, the website, social media and brochures/handouts
- Create e-blasts to communicate with membership about events, business/government alerts, Chamber offerings and information of interest
Online/website content & management
- Oversee digital channels such as website, social media and email marketing
- Design & implement social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, other)
- Maintain the Chamber website, update all pages, create/post content
- Monitor analytics for website and social media channels
- Expand coverage and reach of online community calendar of events
- Design flyers/collateral, ads for print and online media, signs and displays, as needed
Community Guide & Shopping & Dining Guide
- Curate content and serve as editor of the Chamber’s annual Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Community Guide and the Shopping & Dining Guide
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous marketing experience and demonstrated expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or a related field preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in social media engagement and strategy, website maintenance
- Skills to work effectively with website management, content, and online media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and standard design applications (PhotoShop, InDesign; Illustrator; others)
- Photography and videography experience a plus along with capability to post pictures and videos on website and social media
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a busy environment
- Creativity and willingness to “think outside the box” and develop innovative approaches
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of communities of Lake Forest and Lake Bluff a plus
To apply please submit a resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter describing strengths and interest in the position via email. We request that applications and all inquiries about the position be submitted by clicking HERE -- no calls please.